Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aligning in draw11

Status
Not open for further replies.

juul

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
BE
Finally i found a coreldraw forum :D

Draw 11 is much better in aligning then previous versions, but it's still not complete, and it can surely be made easier.

I can't find something to align one side of an object to the opposite side of another object. For example: left from a rectangle to right from another rectangle. Or aligning the bounding boxes, which is now possible for the target, but not for object that needs to be moved when 'snap to objects' is turned on.

As mostly, it's possible to do it with a detour. For example left of object1 to right of object2: use a guideline and turn 'snap to guidelines' on. But i can't find (also not in help) a better way to do this. My purpose is to align the left of the bounding box of text to the right of a (not rotated) rectangle. It should be possible by selecting nodes for the being moved object and bounding box for the object that doesn't need to move, but it doesn't seem to work.

The guideline will work, but I find it easier to use other objects.

For example, draw a verticle line. Aline this line to the right side of the rectangle and then the left side of the text to the same line. Then just delete the line.

Yeah i know, i used guidelines or other objects to do it, but it's still not very handy. Another method is mirror a duplicate of the object that needs to stay (doesn't has to be exact mirror, just drag the left center square for non-uniform scale to the right, more then the right center square). Now if you select the object that needs to be aligned, and then (with shift) also the mirrored duplicate, and then press left, then you the object will be aligned correctly.

And there are many other detours, i just wanted to know if there is a special function for this, without the need of guidelines or other objects.

I'll added it in my coreldraw wishlist :D

Calibrating rulers...how?

Just an odd thought but there seems to be no relationship between pixel sizes in corel (paint or draw), as between themselves or nearly any other graphics program...how to calibrate so a pixel in Cd is apixel in DW MX is a pixel in whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back