Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Align Mtext

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjs

Technical User
Mar 2, 2003
GB
Hi,

Has anyone seen a Autolisp routine to align text - there are plenty of text align lisp files but not for Mtext.

Thanks,

Sanj

Maybe I dont understand the question, but if you are in Mtext, you should be able to highlight the group of text in the Mtext editor and use the justification to align it to where you need.
In 2006 version, you have a 6 buttons for vertical/horizontal justificaion for quick changes. For the ability to fine tune the alignment, you can use tabs like you would in Word. I have used alignment lisps for dtext bceause it was difficult to move groups of dtext to the same location.

If there are several paragraphs of mtext(different objects), it is easier in my opinion to put that Mtext in one paragraph, as opposed to several. If it extends too far down, then make a new Mtext paragrapgh.

Hope this helps.

No the text are dtext objects - I would prefer not to make them into mtext. Don't worry I have found a few lisp routines that work fine - thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back