Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ali USB 2.0 PCI Card Problem - Not Recognizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
Hi, i installed this Ali usb 2.0 pci card into an empty pci slot in my mobo. However when i turn the computer on it does not recognize the usb 2.0 card i added. i chcked my mobo settings and pci is enabled. I installed the software from the box for the usb2.0 card as well but no luck. does my mobo not support Ali or something? There's 2 external ports and 4 internal ports on the card it says. If anyone could help me so my computer will recognize the card and install the drivers so i can use usb 2.0 it will be very helpful. thanks.

Try a different PCI port. Does it show up in Device Manager (USB readings at the bottom)? Try the card in another computer (XP or 98). Sounds like a bad card. XP is pretty good at recognizing new cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back