Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Algo Call Recording devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeche

Technical User
Dec 10, 2005
US
While ordering a Duet plus loud ringer for a phone in a wahrehouse, I noticed that Algo also makes call recording hardware and software for the Norstar.

Has anyone ever used these products? What can you tell me about them? How reliable are they? Are they easy to use?

If you mean the ALGO Auxbox, it's pretty easy to setup. A server (needs some pretty high horsepower) records calls into wave files.

A similar product is also offered by Panda Voice. Also pretty easy to setup.

Both require cabling to tap into the calls, but nothing too difficult and I haven't heard of many issues on either.

ALGO Auxbox is very good and requires no special cabling....plug it into jack and the phone into the Auxbox.

If you need several you can get a rack mount for them and hookup to a server and browse to the files with Windows I.E

To clarify the comment about PC requirements for the Algo 4102 Digital AuxBox and Client Call Recorder (CCR) software, a server is not required. In fact, the CCR software supplied with the AuxBox can operate on a minimum of 450MHz P3 processor with Windows 2000, making it very accessible to set up for single-user desktop applications. Windows Media Audio (WMA) is the default encoding file format, offering compression of 3MB per hour of recorded conversation.

For multi-user call recording applications, the Algo Enterprise Call Recorder (ECR) software is available to centralize call records on a single networked PC for up to 32 telephones. In this case, the call server PC is dedicated to ECR software, and does require more CPU processing capability to fully support simultaneous multi-station recording, live call monitoring, and other features of the ECR. It is worth noting, however, Windows XP Pro is fully supported by ECR for the call server PC, and therefore a server grade CPU is not required.

In a typical ECR configuration one AuxBox or rack mount AuxCard is required for each Nortel digital telephone to be recorded, making the system architecture very scalable. Each recorder is supported by a corresponding ECR software license. Like the CCR software, the ECR is compatible with all Nortel digital telephones.

For further information, please visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back