Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Algo analog door phone recognizing the digit 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tball1

Technical User
Apr 4, 2010
US
Having issue at a site with at this time only one 9608 dialing 6 to release algo analog door phone working on other 9608 phones
It will work on the first try but usually it takes the second before working. ip office 500v2 software 9.1.1.0 build 10

Its like people this week are deliberately trying to be as cryptic and brief as possible. If you can't state the problem clearly, don't expect clear and useful answers.

It works on one 9608 and you're currently working on the others?
It's working on the others but on one you have an issue?

Expand on what you have configure, be clear on what works and very clear on what doesn't.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sorry I was not trying to be cryptic about this basically it is one user when someone calls the analog door phone and this user press 6 to release it takes at least two press of the 6 button to get it to work . I tried most everthing but outing the user and rebuilding the phone.

If its just one phone that has the problem then it sounds like a DTMF issue on the handset itself. Try ringing a company with an Auto Attendant and pressing option 6 to prove this. If it is the phone then first try just a reboot of the phone, if that doesn't work then factory reset it, and finally if all else fails then replace the phone.

Joe Newton

thanks for the reply , Joe Newton I have tried all thing you suggested and still have issue most of the time it takes at least 2 presses to work but does work occasionally on one. The only thing I have not tried is to out and rebuild the user and ext to see if that makes a difference . Also I did try what derfloh suggested and it showed that the digit 6 was pressed.

I would try to connect an analogue phone instead of the door station and test again if you can hear the DTMF tones. Perhaps it is an issue with the door station itself.

To hear the tones AND see the door phone's reactions you can connect the analogue phone parallel.

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Thanks for the reply derfloh I will attempt your suggestion but so far I have had only this one user have issue all other 9608 phones work on the first try . And I did do factory reset and changed out the phone with one that was working firmware and also changed port on the data switch .

could it be possible user corruption?

Possible, but unlikely. If it was the 9608 user then it shouldn't show that digit 6 was pressed on monitor, if it was the door phone user then the other phones wouldn't work with it either. No harm in deleting and recreating one or both of them to see what happens though.

If you have one phone that doesn't work side by side with one that does, then try swapping one element at a time and see at which point the fault moves. Start with the switch port, then the cable, then the actual phone buy logged in as the original extensions, then the extension but hot desk into the original users, and then finally the user. At some point it must move from one position to the other, and then you have the cause. Once you know what is causing it it will be much easier to work out a solution.

Joe Newton

Thanks Joe for the reply I will try your suggestion most of which I have tried already except the hotdesking to another user whom has not had any trouble with this issue.

Might be worth doing a hard re-boot of the system, I have had DTMF issues in the past where a soft re-boot did nothing but a full power cycle resolved it.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back