Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alerting for 911 calls without OSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
I'm working with an old option 11c release 23.55 and before we upgrade I need to find out if there is a way to alert the console that an ext. has dialed 911 I've tried many things so far and I can't seem to come up with a solution that fulfills the requirement... any will be greatly appreciated.

Not exactly what release it came out on but I believe ESA came out in Rel 23. Have you tried programming it in LD 24. I'm also not sure if you can use "0" as the OSN because it actually has to appear on a key of a phone.

Thank you KCFLHRC but this option 11c doesn't have all the packages needed for OSN so OSN is not an option I was hoping that there was another way to fulfill this requirement, I would even consider a 3rd party gateway if it would work.

You will have to go 3rd party without OSN, no other way. There are legalities with 911 calls that you need to be very careful about. It only takes one 911 call to not go through and you have law suit. We did a 3rd party application with CAMA Trunks on a CS1000 a couple of years ago, not sure of the manufacturer though. I will try and find out.

One of the requirements is to alert the front desk as soon as 911 is dialed and not after the call has been disconnected wouldn't I need to setup the pbx to out pulse the digits as they are being dialed ???

The Telident box had 2 CAMA Trunks going into it and 2 analog ports off the CS1000. The 911 call was processed over the CAMA trunks to the 911 dispatchers and the analog ports were used to dial internal extensions for notification. It was an older box, I'm sure there are newer and better solutions.

Thanks for your help I'm looking up Telident now

FYI.......Amcom Software, the leader in mission critical communications software, has acquired Telident 911 Solutions, the successful, enhanced 911 (E911) products of Teltronics, Inc

Does anyone know of a way to have the extension be included in the caller ID to the PSAP ? my extension would equal the room number which would be ok since this is a hotel.Thanks again !!

You would have to set up a CLID table to do that.

Just so I understand ...it is possible to pass in the caller ID the main number plus the dn that placed the call ?? KCFLHRC What LD would that be done in ??

I do not believe that is possible. It would only send a 10 digit #, not a 10 digit # plus a room number.

Ok I was hoping to be able to send the main number plus the ext# that made the call ...back to the drawing board thanks for your help.

You would have to have Enhanced 911 service to do that and probably not possible on that release. The other thing you have to have to send any CLID is a PRI. What type of trunking do you have?

Ok.... well there is no PRI at this site and i don't have the packages for a pri . I have 12 copper IN/OUT ground start trunks , If i can't get the Option11 to pass the ext number along we will be forced to upgrade and there looking at Mitel.

Better plan on upgrading, you cant get caller ID without a PRI on a Nortel Switch. Make sure you can do it on the Mitel before you buy or upgrade to a PRI

Very nice ..I am a bit of a fanatic myself too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back