Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alert Message " you cancelled the previous opration"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nani

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
PH
I am not able to access my forms.....
I get the alert message saying "you cancelled the previous operation" This is the case for all the forms. can some one tell me where the problem is
Nani

Have you tried repairing and compacting the database?

You could also open a blank database and import all the objects(forms, queries, reports and tables).

Mike Rohde
rohdem@marshallengines.com

Nani,
Probably not a lot of help to you, but I had the same message appear just this morning (first time ever).
It didn't appear for all forms - just one out of about 10 that I had checked out under SourceSafe.
Repair + Compact didnt help so I bit the bullet and, after checking in all my other changes (I didnt try to check in the duff one just in case), recreated my Access database from SourceSafe - losing my changes to that particular form but enabling me to get back into it.

Shep

You can probe:
1) In the Access Window copy the form and paste, and change the name of the form.
2) Erase all the data and run the form.

I am getting the same problem also; and none of these solutions work for me.

Something might be corrupted. I kept getting a "You cannot go to the specified record" on one of my forms, and it turned out the index was corrupted. Create a new blank database and export the objects into it and see if that helps.

Linda Adams
Garridon@aol.com
I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back