Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alert Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

patillo

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
FR
Hi
does anynone sucessfully configure SMTP alert manager ?
When i try i always receive errors code 15 code 20 ...

Thanks for your help.

I have had the same Problems.
I installed Outlook, created an Alert-Acoount and configured the Exchange Option-> ok

I got it going in V6.0 by putting the smtp server into the destination address, ie recipient@smtpserver.domainname.etc
The smtp server has to be able to relay. In V7.0 they have put a new entry in for smtp server address, works a lot better.

if you're sending alerts to jon.doe@hotmail.com for example, set up an SMTP server and make it able to relay. Then, add an entry in the hosts file on the machine the Alert Manager is installed. The entry should pint to the machine on which the SMTP server is running. The hosts file should look like this:

10.0.0.15 hotmail.com

where 10.0.0.15 is the IP number of the SMTP server.

By this the Alert manager will send the message to the SMTP server which will relay the message to hotmail.com. PLease note it is importnat for the SMTP server to have Internet Access (at leat SMTP access to the Internet!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back