Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alert Manager Event Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanwan

ISP
Dec 2, 2002
US
Need help with troubleshooting Event Viewer ID.

Event ID: 257
Source: Alert Manager Event
Description:
Alert Manager Interface: Alert Manger Event Interface unable to send alert to \\.\pipe\AlertManager. Error returned = The system cannot find the file specified.

What file is it trying to find? I'm taking a educated guess that this file is specfied in the registry somewhere...

I have went to eventid.net and searched this error but I'm still having issues troubleshooting this event error.

I'm running NetShield for WinNT and Windows 2000 4.5 on the server.

Thanks,
Ryan

Error Message: "The system cannot find the file specified." - From a newsgroup post: "Enable Alert Manager (C:\ProgramFiles\commonFiles\NetworkAssociates \AlertManager\amgrcnfg.exe). You must turn Alerting on in the client, and there are two settings that are required to get it right. Go to the Virus Scan AlertingConfiguration panel, check the radio button for "Enable centralized alerting", click on Configure, and browse the the alert location.Also, check to see if you're running VirusScan Alert Manager under the SYSTEM account. SYSTEM can't write to network drives. It's a localmachine account with no network access. If you need to, rerun the install of McAfee, and make sure the Alert Manager service is installed during that process."

Do you have Alert Manager turned on on the Target server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back