Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alert for Data Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoeingSK

Technical User
Nov 2, 2007
US
Is there any way to create an alert or highlight formula that would capture data change. I have a report that covers all our orders over the last few years. I need to know if I can have something that would highlight any change when i update. I also on want only the changes to show suppressing everything else.
Crystal 11

Up and Coming Technical Guy

Sorry let me re-phrase that , not the field but the data in the field. If the price was $10.00 then change to $20.00 or if an order had a due date of 10/1/08 and changed to 1/1/08,I want to have these detail lines show only.

Crystal doesn't "store" the data from the last time you ran it so you can compare it with new data.
I have done this in the past by building a stored procedure that updates a custom table with the new data, and then returns the new data to the report, along with the data from the previous run of the report.
I then compared fields for records with the same key value and to see what, if anything changed.

~Brian

Any references on how to do that procedure.

In crosstab report in summary fields, I should produce one value based on 2 filed values(1.Ratio ,2.Color)
On the top of the color I need see the ratio.
Right now I am showing 2 fields(0:0 crRed)
but user wants to see only one value

[COLOR=red ]5:6[/color]

Please start a new thread as your issue has nothing to do with the current thread.

-LB

BoeingSK,

This type of need is typically addressed by what's known as Snapshot Data Warehousing.

There are several ways to approach this. One alternative is to use a 3rd-party tool. For a list of such tools, see:
For a description of how my Visual CUT software addresses this need, see:

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi friends,
I don't some how I am unable to find how to create a new thread, thats the reason , I am still reply here.
Sorry for that.
Lbass , can I know how I am going solve this, I am totally confused and waiting for result.
Advance thanks

2328, Click on the Top of this page where it says Forum. Then there is a start new Thread Link at the top of all the Topics. Don't worry I used to be in your shoes!!

Thanks for every one, I created a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back