Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alcatel lucent to Siemens openscape x5 business via sip one way call????? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleuBell

Technical User
Nov 9, 2013
DZ
Hi guys
We have a alcatel lucent as main system connected to Siemens openscape business x5 in other location ,via sip
When I make a call from the main system ( alcatel lucent) to Openscape x5 ,the call goes smoothly we can hear each other
But when we try to make a call from X5 to Alcatel we can't hear each other and the call ring as normal as any internal calls
Any ideas

Are the two systems directly routable between each other (SIP doesn't like NAT)?
Any firewall between the two systems.
One way speech generally means the packets cannot route to the system or endpoint.

Could be codec related too.

Yes the 2 systems are directly routable the thing that i dont understand is when i pick the call that 's coming from unify X5 the other party still hears the call ring as i didn't puck the call at all
btw i tried to use both protocols TCP and UDP but no result

Sounds like the SIP message from unify to Acatel isn't being received or understood.
Really need a SIP trace from each side (and or Network capture or trace).

Still feels network / firewall type issue. Have encountered it before in various integrations.

Are you using the Lan port to connect from the X5? I have had this before and the issue was the OSB is putting it's wan address in the sdp data in the setup packet. The other end then sends the rtp to the wrong place. The cure I found was to set stun to fixed ip with the lan address in the sip trunk. It only affects sites where the other end looks deeply in to the packet to find the sdp info rather than use the from address.

i've done some research i think it's all about sip protocol Qsip between 2 same systems and native sip between 2 diffrent systems i guess i need to create a new beam (faisceau) for native SIP but i don't know how to
any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back