Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALC crad configuration 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamar177

Technical User
May 28, 2019
PK
I am using 11c switch having 02 cabinet but all ALC(04) card are configured in expansion cabinet. No ALC card is being configured in Main cabinet. Inventory generated, no tone found on any slot any card and any port of card.
What is solution ???

ALC = Analogue Line Card ?. Do you mean a FALC card?.

I'm guessing that you mean that these cards aren't working in the Option 11c expansion unit?.
Find out how the expansion cabinet is connected. Is is using a fibre link or an Ethernet link?.
What is the first card in slot 0 on the expansion unit. It could be another SSC card if it is connected via Ethernet. You might have to plug in the TTY cable into that cabinet to check the output. I've known them to need a software reload again.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yes ALC = Analog line card.
All (04) ALC cards are configured and operational in expansion cabinet. But i want to shift them from expansion to Main Cabinet. I generated inventory in Main cabinet but no tone was found on any port in any slot any card installed in Main Cabinet....
What is solution ?

You need to move the TN's assigned to the card slots from the expansion cabinet.

You can't just plug a card in and expect it to work. Once you have used the "MOV" command, try it on one TN first and then check that you have dial tone.

Also check that the spare card slots in the main cabint haven't got any programming done for PRI cards etc.
Check in LD 22 under CEQU.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

I have configured new ALC cards by generating inventory in LD 117 at slot 7,8 and 10 of main cabinet. Inventory generated, card synchronised and showing idle status in LD 32. But no tone at any port, any card of any slot.
It is confirmed that all configured cards are serviceable.

Using the inventory in LD 117 will only show you any digital or IP sets. I'm fairly certain that it won't show you any analogue sets.

What I would do is to go into LD 32 and stat the card slots one by one such as
.STAT 7
.STAT 8
.STAT 10

Also plug in a FALC card in one of the slots and use the command in LD 32 of IDC 7 to see if the card is seen by the system.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

LD 117 displays all type of card configured in any slot including alc,digital, dch and xut.
if we print inventory in LD 117 it shows ALC card configured at slot 7, 8 and 10.
In LD 32 shows idle status of all ports of all cards.
But no tone is available at any port/slot and card.
How to resolve ???

Please note that LD117 will show most cards when the command INV PRT CARD is used.

It would help me if I knew your software release and the details of CEQU in LD 22.

Also, try out the following

When all the programming is removed from a card slot the slot is still flagged as being that card type and will show against 'LUU'
To remove the card type flag and stop the ports from showing against 'LUU' the card has to be removed from the system
LD 10 LD 11
REQ OUT REQ OUT
TYPE CARDSLT TYPE CARDMLT
TN XX YY ZZ TN XX YY ZZ

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Print a TNB of one of these Analog TN's. You will also have to configure DTR's in the main cabinet if not already done. No DTR's in the main cabinet no dial tone in the main cabinet on analog.

Thanks KCFLHRC.....
How to check DTR and how to configure it in the system ???
I have Meridian 11c with no dts/conf card.
having SSC card in slot 0 of main shelf/cabinet

I believe the DTR's would be programmed on TN's 0-0 thru 0-7 in LD 13

Ok let me guide ....
1. How to take print ? LD and command plz ?
2. How to enable disable DTR ?
3. How to configure new DTR ?
4. What will happen if i disable or OUT DTR ? Is there any effect on digital numbers and analog number in 2nd cabinet ?

Go into LD 32 and do a STAT 0 and post the results

Looks like the DTR's are programmed. Post a print out of one of the analog phones that doesn't have dial tone

Thanks KCFLHRC...
I have reset DTR and found tones on Main cabinet slot 3 and 7.
I adopted following procedure.

LD 32
DISC 0
ENLC 0

Now my 2 cards are working smoothly and will move rest of the ALC cards from Expansion cabinet to Main cabinet shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back