Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarms severity on S8720

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichalPol

Technical User
Oct 26, 2006
US
Hi All,

I am monitoring S8720 but I do not get alarms when Trunk went down. Once I displayed alarms it is shown as Warning so perhaps what is why SNMP trap is not sent to monitoring tool. Can somoene tell me how can I change alarm severity?
I heard I should use" set options" command but it is not available for "dadmin" level.

Many thanks
MichalPol

You can have it setup to light a button on your phone.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Avaya or a BP can set options & make the ds1 board warning become a minor.

The TN2313AP DS1 port board interfaces a DS1 trunk to the switch backplane via port slots that are standard (Pure TDM)for DEFINITY products.---- came from an avaya library.

DS1 boards doesn't support SNMP and doesn't inherit the TCP/IP protocol suite. So this is not possible. Try using status trunk command instead to monitor it.

Avaya equipments software are too sensitive when it comes to alarms. It heals itself during the process of an outage. It raises an alarm, if it cant resolve the problem by itself then it requires your assistance to resolve it.

If you really need to know every up and down state, you may need to go with "smart" CSU's for your DS1's. Something along the lines of the Kentrox T-Smart Intelligent series. They can provide the information you're looking for.

- Duaneness

If your using ASA to poll your switch you can change it to include warning. You can also use ASA to poll for out-of-service trunks.

Kevin

but ASA shows you all alarms.

pay me, i'll monitor your PBX for you.

First I would like to thanks for all replays!

Secend thing: does anyone know where can I find Avaya "Mibs" files which are required to translate SNMP traps generated by Media server?

Regards,
MichalPol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back