Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarms explications 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedMondher

Technical User
Nov 30, 2017
TN
Hello,
i'm new to ip office , i have visited a client last day to check the status of his ip office installed by our company,
i need some replies to response client questions aboute some alarms

I need just some explications
there is a pdf file named ALARMS attached to this post including the three alarms

Cordially

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=46dd2b88-6c6c-4a27-be11-07d4b8934b62&file=ALAMRS.pdf
I don't speak French but I would say this is perfectly normal (a translation into English in the post instead of an attachment would be better)

In system status current alarms show red, when they are black it means they have been cleared.

the most important place to check is in the error log in manager - red stop signs should be investigated, caution signs are probably ok but only if you know why they are there.

the Biggest piece of advice i give customers is Don't go looking for trouble if there is a real issue your users will let you know soon enough

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

The first one mean that someone has try to log in in web services with the wrong Username password. As you can see they tries withadministrator, the correct user name should be Administrator.

The last one mean that one of the expansion module ( DS30 or Phone 16) is not connected anymore.

For the TLS alarm i have no idea. What are these 2 ip ?
Do you activate TLS on phones ?

ACIS - ACSS

Check in System /lan1|Lan2/Voip.
Is TLS enabled ?
Do they use Iphones with onex mobile ?

ACIS - ACSS

Is he an issue that i have to fix then???

cause he is written in red then he still occured ?

The web interface alarm might be worry some if you are using the default username and password (you should NOT be...) and you think someone is trying to access the control unit that should not be. If someone logged in and simply forgot to capitalize the a in administrator and it was someone that is fine logging in then no issues.

The expansion module is showing red alarm which means it is still active error. If they are expecting to use this module then yes you need to fix it. If they just physically removed it because they no longer use it then you don't really need to worry about it (you could remove it from the config but if there is any change they could bring it back I would leave it).

The TLS alarm need more information. See the post above by karlzre to see the couple questions he had.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

about the expansion module problem:
I think that they still use this module, and i think that this module work correctly cause they have no reported a problem,

What do you advise me to do

The red alarm means the link is still actively down. That could mean a number of things:

1) They moved to new expansion port (maybe the port went bad or they had some issues). They programmed the new port but left the old port programmed as having a module.

2) They have an expansion module they think they are using but really are not using (or using infrequently) that is down.

3) They have a module they use down and you will be getting a call any second with a complaint about it.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

These are all things a competent install should understand & be aware of

I suggest you communicate with your original install engineer, return to site & investigate all the potential issues

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

The TLS alarm occurs when a 1600 phone is rebooted, i have found not a way to avoid the alarm.
Actually i don't care about it just as the VoIP quality alarms, if i see them and ask if anyone of the users have noticed any disruption in the calls then the majority will deny that (there is always a number of people who are natural born complainers, i ignore those too)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back