Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarmed activities not apearing at logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseus

MIS
Sep 13, 2001
US
I have one user who is having a problem with her alrmed activities not showing up at first logon. If you close and reopen, they seem to show up. The only sign I can see in the logs is in the "cal log" all her items are updated at the moment of first loging of the day. No other users in the log display this behavior. Hope you can help.

If I am understanding you correctly, the rollover activities will not fire their arms until the new time has been met on the new date. Additionally, if the alarms had been previously acknowledged, unless they are handled properly, they will never fire again.

I don't believe that is the problem. The alarms evens do happen, but they do not appear in her activity log unless she logs off and logs back on. The only evidence that I can find for this in the GM logs are the last update times are being updated for all alarms the first time she logs on in the morning. This does not happen for other users.

Thank you for helping me with this as I am no goldmine expert, but I am in the position of having to support it.

Oh, I'm very sorry, I am also very very confused. I suspect that this is one of those things that is very hard to describe in words. Instead of confusing things further, I think I'll just wait and see if someone else knows your answer.

What VERSION of GoldMine are you using (full version, please, from Help|About)

Does this user have auto-rollover turned on in her preferences? It sounds like she does. Maybe she's not understanding what that option does and should turn it off?

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Version is 6.00.30203

For some reason it seems to have fixed itself.

I don't use the program personally, so I am not sure on the preferences you are referring to. I ran it past someone on the sales team who does use the program and they seem to think that this was not the issue.

Thank you for your help though.

wow, that's one archaic version of GoldMine. There are fresher patches for 6.00 available than that one. I'd suggest patching to the final 6.00 patch and, if possible, to the final 6.7 patch for the optimally stable system.

Of course, an upgrade to 8.0 would be ideal, but I can understand if that's not exactly in the cards at the moment.

Give me a call if you need more info on the patches and such. 310.601.4738.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back