Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

alarm traq's 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jconrad0305

Programmer
Oct 7, 2005
US
has anyone used alarm traq's software to monitot ipo's. also has anyone ever seen an alarm in the alarm log of the monitor program?

We love it. ALarmTraq ( works well with IP Office systems using SNMP. It's nice to be able to offer proactive remote alarm monitoring for our IP Office clients just like our Definity clients have enjoyed for years.

Setup is easy, in Manager click on 'System' then the 'SNMP' tab and enter the public IP Address of your AlarmTraq server in the trap destination field.
See
ALarmtraq will automatically assign a product id based on the IP address of the IPO. see

I couldnt get the mib files to identify each alarm, but at least you "something" happened when you get a MAJ alarm.
Has anyone else had luck acutally defining the alarms using AlarmTraq?

Although MIB (Management Information Base) files are not required for AlarmTraq to operate, MIBs allow AlarmTraq to access management data from supported systems using SNMP.

All MIB files that need to be loaded at startup should reside in the "AlarmTraq\MIB\" directory, and the "MIB_Order.txt" file should contain the file names in the order they should be loaded.

Edit the MIB_Order.txt file to start with:

smi.mib
mib_ii.mib
traps.mib
IPO-PROD-MIB.mib
IPO-MIB.mib
IPO-PHONES-MIB.mib

This file determines the load order for SNMP MIB files.

See:

keep in mind, you may need to download the latest executable file (AlarmTraq 5.0.413) from the support site to take advantage of all the features.

Even with the MIB files loaded, I cannot get AlarmTraq to define the exact problem.

For example these alarms:
Alarm Data: 0,ipoGenEntityFailureEvent,n,MAJ
Alarm Data: 0,ipoGenEntityOperationalEvent,n,MAJ
Alarm Data: 0,,n,MAJ

I later found that the PRI dropped with these alarms. Has anyone been able to have AlarmTraq define the failure(s), or is this as good as it gets?

I think you might not be configured properly or you do not have the correct MIB files loaded.

I receive all the info available from the trap message. For example, if you look at the log files you should see:

EnterpriseOid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.2.1.1.1 [ipoPhonesMIB]
Description: 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.2.1.1.1
VariableCount: 5
Generic Trap: 6 [EnterpriseSpecific]
SNMP Type: 36
Uptime: 18688
Specific Trap: 1

[ipoGTEventSeverity] 3
[ipoGTEventDateTime] 11/22/2005 17:20:18
[ipoPhonesExtID] 63
[ipoPhonesType] 7
[ipoPhonesPort] 36

Definition: This notification is generated whenever the type of phone connected to a logical extension entity is detected as having changed after completion of normal start up of the Agent entity.

AlarmTraq will pass the alarm as:

ipoPhonesExtID 63 changed to 4424D+ on ipoPhonesPort 36",ipoPhonesChangeEvent,n,MIN

EnterpriseOid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.2.1.2 [ipoGenTraps]
Description: 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.2.1.2
VariableCount: 3
Generic Trap: 6 [EnterpriseSpecific]
SNMP Type: 36
Uptime: 102849024
Specific Trap: 10

[ipoGTEventSeverity] 2
[ipoGTEventDateTime] 03/29/2006 07:48:51
[ipoGTEventAppEntity] 1

Definition: A ipoGenAppFailureEvent notification is generated whenever communication between a IP Office switch and a IP Office application fails.

AlarmTraq will pass the alarm as:

voiceMail,ipoGenAppFailureEvent,n,MAJ

AvayaJoe is the man! I had the wrong MIB's in the alarmtraq directory. I followed the pdf file you posted and everything is as it should.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back