Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm software (Alarmtraq) 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telcosystems

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
US
Has anyone used this alarm notification software for S8700 or Modular Messaging? Doe MM use the same kind of cofiguration in the 8700 shell to manage two OSS call out options for alarm notification?

Thanks! Steve

I have used this for MM and S8700 alarm notification. The MM can be configured on the MAS and MSS.

I work for a BP also, we use alarmtraq and give it a thumbs-up as well. The new features in 5.1 are great.

I own/operate a maintenance provider and we love alarmtraq.

We priced several different options and Alarmtraq has the best featureset for the dollar.

SOS was a good products and did more than Alarmtraq but it was almost 4 times the price.

Avaya's AIM is possibly the best featureset but its 20 times the price of Alarmtraq.

I am a end user, who didn't want to spend the money for alarmtraq. I set up a PC running ASA and have it monitor trunks and display alarms every 10 minutes and email me via by blackbery when there is an issue. Works fine and the costs nothing.

phoneguy55 ... I did the same thing. my problem was my company had this little habit of pushing out platform updates to all of the PCs/servers on the corporate lan, so several times a week my PC got rebooted.

I tried getting ASA to run as a service but that never worked out well either.

Alarmtraq was easy to justify to the company, had minimal requirements for the server hosting it and had plenty of features.

i use teltronics for my monitoring works great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back