Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm 63 "No DTMF Receivers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmtsphonewiz

Technical User
Oct 20, 2006
CA
Our office uses a BCM400 fully patched etc. Lately we have been getting alot of alarm 63 on our T1. We are the local telephone exchange and I have made sure the T1 settings match etc. Has anyone had experience dealing with this alarm? The problem is randon on different channels on the T1, but seems to occur when two or more calls are placed to the same incoming DID on the system. I can see the calls are getting into the system using BCM Monitor, but they are just hanging and the calling party just hears silence.

I have seen this in a few systems. You will need to turn off the BCM and restart it, a software reboot will not do the trick. I have seen this in 0x32's as well as BCM's once you kill the switch and restart the problem may never happen again.

Rick

Thanks Rick, I rebooted like you said last night and the problem seems to be gone. For how long, I guess we'll find out, but at least I know what to do if that starts happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back