Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

alarm 44 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdcurt

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2010
US
Hi all,can anyone tell me how to fix an alarm code 44,I know what it is ,I don't care what causes it.I just want to fix it,have a pri 5.0 6 port combo.when you call out and try to press off on far end ccr tree t-1 drops the whole system and reboots.mics,just started been working fine for 3 yrs.telco says it ksu.any suggestions would be very helpful.thanks tdcurt

Unfortunately in this rare case the telco may not be the culprit.

There are many very well known and well documented issues with older MICS software when used in conjunction with PRI and they have been covered here in great detail over the years but the short answer to your question is that you may have more than one problem.

I think you will find that it would be foolish to do anymore troubleshooting on the MICS until you have upgraded the software to at least 6.1., (in which case you might as well go all the way to 7.1 if you're going to do anything) and as I recall you will also need a release 2 or higher NVRAM pack.

Many of the systems with PRI and older software will run flawlessly for years and then one day, no matter what you do, it just won't function correctly without that upgrade.

The symptoms are varied but many of them would seem to have little or nothing at all to do with PRI so that tends to throw a lot of really good techs off track if they don't already know about these issues.

Phonehed in Dallas

This is the third post on same issue, suggest you work with one post rather than keep posting new topics.

Suggest you also call in a tech so they can address your issues and start replacing parts.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

we have changed every part 6 port cb card,power unit, software cartridge,ethernet cord,t1 card,reprogramed whole system.everything works fine you can make long distance calls or local.its just when the far end ask you to put in a ext# or press 0 the system reboots.anyone ever see anything like this that could shed some light?thanks tdcurt

System reboots?

So all the lights on all the phones start flashing?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Just so we all understand where you're at on this, have you already upgraded the system to either 6.1 or 7.1 and have you verified that the NVRAM pack is release 2 or higher?

Phonehed in Dallas

yes,6.1 nvram is rel 2,all lights start to flash and system goes down.t-1 goes down then reboots and then ok,until you dial out then as soon as far end ccr comes on then you press off on any digits it drops.please help.thanks

Report back your SP number. There are known issues with early release of 6.1.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

FYI,just wanted to say THANKS for everyone's help.Telco switched from one slot in switch to another,everything came up roses.We can now call to far end and press off on any digits and all calls complete t-1 stays up and system does not reboot,trouble was at Telco.THANKS again for evryones help.tdcurt

Also reinstalled all old equipment running like a champ.thanks all!!!!

pri was moved from the 5ess to lcs.this resolved the d channel from dropping when customer calls out and dtmf tone is needed to choose options in IVR

That's what I'm wondering, curly. doesn't make sense that a bad PRI circuit would cause the whole system to reboot. Unless it is caused by the alarm code.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Who cares about SP it had nothing to do with trouble or fix?Just called customer no alarms or no system reboots today.30 people in office making and receiving calls no trouble.thanks again!

I admit I was a little cranky after having been ignored 2 times and then getting that type of "who cares" response from a "(IS/IT--Management) know it all" after the 3rd request.

The fact remains OUR time is free and if you are wanting help to resolve YOUR issues then expect us to ask questions, we expect you to answer them.

SP version will tell what software release you have and what should be done about it if any.
6.1 first release is buggy and just might be an issue with the rebooting because it does not like what the carrier is sending be it their fault or not.
i.e if it was 6.1MR (which fixes 6.1) or 7.0 or 7.1 it may not have been effected by the carrier.

Knowing may also help future issues with others so that something maybe included or eliminated.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I am very sorry if I hurt anyones feeling,not trying to be a smart a**.what happen was telco had decided to change the ckt,and when they completed it and it worked i was just so excited that i gave the wrong response.I do appreciate your help and kindess.I over looked your question the 2nd time because it took three days to change ckt.If i offended anyone i am terribly sorry.
thanks TDcurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back