Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX XL Compiler issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyck

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
GB
Hello,

Our eval license on the XL compiler has expired and we have been sent an extension one by IBM, how do we get the compiler to accept the license?

In the good ole days I remember using something called LUM but this does not seem to exist anymore!

Below is the error message we are getting:-

./xlC -version
The license for the Evaluation version of IBM XL C/C++ for AIX V12.1 compiler product has expired. Please send an email to compiler@ca.ibm.com for more information. The evaluation version can be easily upgraded to the full, licensed version after purchase. Please refer to section "Before installing IBM XL C/C++ for AIX V12.1" in the Installation Guide.

cheers

Nick

As an emergency work around you can

/usr/vac/bin/xlc cgc.c

The license for the Evaluation version of IBM XL C/C++ for AIX V11.1 compiler product has expired.

Please send an email to compiler@ca.ibm.com for information on purchasing the product.
The evaluation license can be extended to 74 days in total by either
a) setting an environment variable XLC_EXTEND_EVAL=yes; or,
b) specifying a compiler command line option -qxflag=extend_eval.

- See more at:
To Install the new license see
Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back