Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX server in home LAN network want to access from office

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIXdream

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
Hello team,

I have a AIX server at home and connected to my LAN network and im able to access the server from different computer within my network. BUT...im not able to access the same server from my friend's network.

please help me set this up. I have enabled the port forwarding on my dlink router, put the server in DMZ zone on the router still no luck....any help is much appreciated.

I have server IP, GATEWAY NETWORK MASK FROM THE ROUTER, its a dynamic IP also i tried setting up the Static IP and try to access the server but no luck.

Please let me know if im missing something in this process.

Are you able to access any other PC in the same network?

Have you set the correct default gateway?

Yes, I am able to access the AIX server within my network. But no one from outside can access it. Yes i hope I setup the default gateway correctly as mentioned, default gateway is router IP correct?

Sounds like a problem with the dlink router.
Try to access a PC on your home network and get that working first - ask on a dlink forum for more info.

If your home PC can access the AIX machine then the AIX machine is accepting connections.

So what is different if you are out side your home network: the router.

I have a dlink router and have never managed to get it to allow incoming connections....and I have wasted hours trying.

You don't mention how you are trying to access the AIX server.

Are you trying to ssh? And you are forwarding port 22 on the dlink router to the AIX server which is running sshd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back