Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX Script where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
Where did the thread go with the script for collecting the system information?? I can't remember where it was but there was a thread that someone offered to email a script to run under AIX to gather all the system information for documenting purposes..

Thanks

what is the type of system info you want ??

no its an actual script someone wrote, I was just curious to see the script..

It was removed by the admins because of all the email addresses that were posted. They are protecting everyone so that they receive no spam or hate mail.

Comtec17 ok so Im not going crazy, and I didnt dream that thread up :) I was searching for it lastnight and I just couldnt find it... I was thinking it got removed but then I wasnt all that sure if I ever did really see the thread...

lol

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I thought it was rather comical that so many were asking for the script. Unless the systems were new there should have been a documentation process in place. Of course, maybe it was a better solution that what others have been using, but it was amusing seeing the clamor for it. Either the code should have been printed in the thread itself, or it should have been printed in a faq.

I am actually making a download site for it as we speak. I will post the address once it is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back