Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX printing to Lexmark printer on Windows Network 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronfogg

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
US
hello:

Here's my latest dilemma. I have a Lexmark Optra T630 printer installed on our Windows 2K network. I must configure it on my AIX server to allow printing to it from AIX. I have configured/reconfigured the printer queue to no avail, I can see the spooler send the job to it's queue, but no output comes off the printer. Eventually the queue goes down logically. I did find out that Lexmark posts specific drivers for AIX for this printer. I downloaded them and installed them. Still no go. The printer is set up in SMIT as an 'IBM NETWORK PRINTER'. Any ideas?

Can you print to other printers in your network? maybe this thread and the links to other thread in there may help: Thread52-199763.

Do you have Samba installed on the AIX system? If so you can create a queue where the backend driver is "smbclient" which will print over the windows share network to the printer.
See

For 'bi', 'BobMFDC', and the infamous 'AIXQUEEN'... many thanks for your posts in answer to my question. I didn't have to try the 'Samba queue' route, since 'bi's direction to 'aixqueen's information solved my problem. But I have both references for future projects. I anticipate that I will need them. Again, THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back