Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX Print skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJ

MIS
Feb 1, 2000
US
Having recently converted to UNIX from a mainframe system, I am a little disappointed in the UNIX print capabilities. When printing on the mainframe, if the printer jams, it was easy to skip the print backwards a few pages to get a good report. Does anyone know how to skip a printer back whilst printing on UNIX? Restarting the print from the beginning is a pain, especially when the print file is 100,000 lines! <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks

lp is just a print spooler. Not a print queue.<br>

<br>

There are several commercial products that provide genuine print queues, instead of just print spoolers for unix. I evaluated lpplus <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and quite liked it, but it was too expensive for my manager to justify. EasySpooler is another that I know of, but I haven't really evalutated nor priced it. I have noticed ads for others, but haven't really looked at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back