Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX Performance Tutorials 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuralnode

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
PL
Hi all,

I'd appreciate if someone gave a few links to tutorials or howtos on AIX performance tuning. I've come across articles about how to exactly tune the system using ioo or other tools, but the problem is I have no clue about the underlying concepts that could explain not only HOW to tune the system, but also WHEN and WHY. Yes, I do have the IBM RedBook on performance tuning, but I'd rather have a couple of good fast links to hands-on tutorials that I can consult quickly, than having to wade through 800 pages for days. If you know some relevant sites, please share your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

have a look at the performance section on
one comment - it is very important to have a good understanding of what you are doing as incorrect configution changes could compound performance problems !

Thanks guys, that's a lot of good reading on the subject!

Rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back