Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX Multipath commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronAllen

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2005
US
I haven't used any of these commands in about 5 months and I can't seem to remember any of them anymore. I do remember they where on AIX 5L 5.3 and it would give me a complete listing of all the HBA's in the system along with all the SAN devices it had viability to all the way down to every tape device and LUN it was aloud to see.

If anyone remembers the commands please reply.

Thanks,

I guess that would depend on if lspath underwent a major revision from AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3.

I was using AIX 5.3 at the time and I remember using a command with a -L which would show me ever single fiber attached device with the preferred path identified and weather or not it was on it's preferred path.

The configuration of the server at the time was p520 or p630 connected to a Brocade M4500 or Brocade M6140 depending on the time at which we where migrating off the 4500. Everything was duel homed with 2 seperate fabrics. We had SAN a and SAN b. All devices and servers where connected to both SAN a and SAN b. Servers without multipath drivers would see duplicate devices and the AIX servers you could see the devices twice if you issued the command I'm looking for with a -L. This would give just about ever bit of information you ever wanted to know about SAN attached devices.

I guess that would depend on if lspath underwent a major revision from AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3.

I was using AIX 5.3 at the time and I remember using a command with a -L which would show me ever single fiber attached device with the preferred path identified and weather or not it was on it's preferred path.

The configuration of the server at the time was p520 or p630 connected to a Brocade M4500 or Brocade M6140 depending on the time at which we where migrating off the 4500. Everything was duel homed with 2 separate fabrics. We had SAN a and SAN b. All devices and servers where connected to both SAN a and SAN b. Servers without multipath drivers would see duplicate devices and the AIX servers you could see the devices twice if you issued the command I'm looking for with a -L. This would give just about ever bit of information you ever wanted to know about SAN attached devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back