Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX ML Upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roomer

Technical User
Oct 1, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am attemmpting to run an ML upgrade from 4330 to 43311.
I have run this through once, and it failed with this missing fileset;

devices.pci.14109f00.rte 4.3.3.0 # Base Level Fileset

Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this? I have looked around the net, but there seems to be a shortage of info on it.

mOOnthelOOn

Hi,

we had a similar problem with an Update but in our case it was AIX Version 5. I believe it was when migrating AIX 5.2 to 5.3 ...

IBM Support told us that this was a fileset no longer needed that was accidently left and could be deleted.

I'm not sure whether this is also the solution in your case cause you have AIX Version 4 ...

However, we solved it like this:
(In the commands below you'll have to replace the 5300-01 parts with the right version code for your AIX ...)

export ODMDIR=/usr/lib/objrepos

odmget -q name=5300-01_AIX_ML fix > /tmp/fix.backup

cp /tmp/fix.backup /tmp/5300-01.data

vi /tmp/5300-01.data
--> delete the line with devices.pci.14109f00.rte

odmdelete -q name=5300-01_AIX_ML -o fix

odmadd /tmp/5300-01.data

instfix -i |grep ML

... can't hurt to perform an mksysb if you really decide to try this out because I'm really not sure whether this fileset can be deleted in your AIX Version or not. On Version 5 it CAN be deleted ...

Regards
Thomas

Well, the base level are not on IBM's web page. They're only on installation CDs. ¿Don't you have a copy of these CDs?

MoreFeo,

I do have the original 433 disks (5765-C34) and fileset "devices.pci.14109f00.rte" is there - but only to version 2.2.0.0.

I have checked the update CD as well as the bonus pack, but they bear no fruit either???

mOOnthelOOn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back