Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX IBM HTTPServer (IHS) fails to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrosicky

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
After a vanila install of IHS-2.0.42.2 when I attemt to start I get:
0509-036 Cannot load program /huge/IHS-2.0.42.2//bin/httpd because of the following errors:
0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /huge/IHS-2.0.42.2//lib/libapr-0.so because:
0509-136 Symbol isinf (number 129) is not exported from
dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
0509-136 Symbol setenv (number 130) is not exported from
dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).

I checked /usr/lib/libc.a and it does exist. Any hints ?

Hi,
check, if you have the corresponding level of AIX to your IHS.
Eventually it might be the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the LIBPATH environment variable. I guess the level of AIX or a patch to IHS will solve your problem.

Thanks for your reply. How do I check the corresponding levels ? I did not find any references to IHS requirements for an AIX level.

I have gotten the same message when trying to start a binary or own build of Apache.

Lanny

I could not find any reference table, too. I would use the following combination:
Apache from (1.3.27)
AIX 5.2.0.10 (AIX 5.2 + Maintenance Level 1)

I met your problem when I upgraded AIX 4.3.3 ML06 to ML09 with Netscape. I had to receive a newer version of Netscape to fix the problem. The error messages were very similar.

Unfortunatly I do not have the version reference table for IHS+AIX.

It is resolved as advised here. I had a libc.a which was too old. Once I upgraded my release of AIX, everything seem to work well. Oh, except for JDBC connector but that's for another room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back