Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX and Samba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1940

MIS
Dec 14, 2000
US
Hi,

I am using AIX 4.3.3 and downloaded samba 2.2.7a. I am not familiar with samba, I tried running the first steps and I am already stomped. This is what happens:

# cd source
# ./configure
loading cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
# make
make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a targ
et.
#

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron M.

It can't find a compiler to use to compile the source. Either download the gcc compiler, or more easily, go to and download the binaries for Samba.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but:

When you get to the first page of the URL, click 4.3.3. Then do a search for samba. Download whichever version you want. In you case, since you were trying to get 2.2.7a, I'd click on 2.2.7.0.

How did you resolve your problem as I have stumble upon the same problem.

I loaded the version from bullfreeware it had .exe and I do not know how to extract it.
Please, explain in a lay-man terms

You have to chmod 755 SAMBA-2.0.7.0.exe (I decided to download an older samba file and it worked).

then type;
# ./SAMBA-2.0.7.0.exe
# inutoc
# smitty install

good luck.
There is alot of literature out there.
-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back