Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX and CATIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathRamos

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
We are running CATIA on a box running AIX 4.3 and I am trying to set up a HP 1050C plotter for it.

I am able to print from the OS using HP's software and test file but I am not able to print from CATIA.

Anyone know how to set up printers within CATIA?

Basically in CATIA you need to create .plot_cfg file. Have a look around your system, there should be some default files that get installed with CATIA.
To help you on your way, the "catinst" program will also create this file for you.
Start catinst and select, Additional Features, Plotter Management, Add a plotter. Enter HPGL2 for the plotter format and then enter a name as it will appear in CATIA ie HP1050C. Select Set parameters, change the *COM line to a location code and then go towards the bottom of the file and change the lp0 variable to the name of your AIX print queue.
Select Run and the queue will should then appear in the PLOT function.

Hope this helps
Jono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back