Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 5L Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwings

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
Just seeing if anyone has any experience working with AIX 5L, if so can you please let me know how it is working. Also does anyone know where i can locate information on two topics:

Does AIX 5L work with a Micro-Channel Processor?
When does AIX 4.3.3 support go away?

Thanks in advance....

#-)

We have started using AIX 5L and so far we have not had any issues, but then again we are just in development phase. I would have to say no regarding your question with Micro channel servers. AIX 5L is geared more for the newer servers. It takes advantage of hot swappable cards, and self-diagnostics. I have noticed that products like BMC’s Patrol and other products do not support AIX 5L yet. But they will eventually.
Vantandem…..

We're in the process of updating our own server farm as well as ALL our clients. Most of the servers are PCI based but we've already updates a few 34H's with great success (these are MC systems). So far - no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back