Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 5.3... ML3, CSP-SP3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orx57

ISP
Sep 5, 2001
FR
Hello,

I have a server in a strange state...

# oslevel -s
5300-01-00

When i try to upgrade to ML3 with DVD, there is no filesets applicable... Some filesets of ML3 seems to be already installed...

More informations:

# oslevel -r -q
Known Recommended Maintenance Levels
------------------------------------
5300-01
5300-00

# instfix -i | grep SP
All filesets for 5300-03-CSP_SP were found.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

--
orx57
Systems & Storage Engineer

you prolly have some filesets that have intermediate steps that need to be applied to them in order to get the whole system to ML3. you can go to the fix delivery center and download ML3, but specify that you're starting from ML 00. this way, you'll get absolutley everything you need between 0 and 3.

or, you can try to upgrade the individual packages that require updating.

instfix -ciqk 5300-03_AIX_ML | grep ":-:"

might tell you what you need....

hth

I have try with all filesets from ML0 to ML3. The command instfix below return nothing... ML3 is not known at Recommended Maintenance Levels... and it seems we have all filesets for CSP3 ? :)

--
orx57

What does oslevel -rl 5300-03 show?

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

# oslevel -rl 5300-03
Error: Recommended Maintenance level 5300-03 is invalid or unknown.

--
orx57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back