Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 4.3.2 on 64 bits not equal on 32 bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhasmen

Technical User
Feb 12, 2001
ES
Is AIX 4.3.2 on 64 bits and on 32 bits different?

I need know for problems with Oracle DB installation on cluster HACMP with 64 bits machine and 32 bits machine.

Thank in advance

Aix 4.3.2 on 64-bit mode is different than AIX 4.3.2 with 32-bit mode. The 64-bit mode has many advantages, but specifically for databases, it gives the ability to address memory in 64-bit memory chunks which allows faster access to data.

For details on 64-bit see:

I don't know what your specific Oracle/HACMP problem is, but you may want to check out

HTH

My problem is Oracle say to me that it´s not supported Oracle DB on cluster with 32 bits machine and 64 bits machine. In fact, I have Oracle DB with on those kinds of machines and I never had any problem.

Thanks again

Are you saying that you've had Oracle failover successfully, between 32- and 64- bit machines? I could see that working if the version of Oracle was 32 bit mode only, but if Oracle is 64-bit, then I would expect to see problems if it failed over to as 32- machine. At least performance issues. I wonder about how the SGA would function if it was initiately configured in 64- and after failover, was running as 32? However, I'm not an Oracle expert ....

HTH

I have been examining our Oracle vesion on our machines and I have 32 bits Oracle version in all machines, then it´s works.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back