Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 4.2.1 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnconcerts

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
I am locating core files for this and it is hard to find the reason for a crash. I have now enabled a full dump through SMIT. Is there something I should look for? I also looked at all the core files available on the system, but nothing much shows up between the addresses 6b0 64 using lqueryvg. This system uses PeopleSoft. Is there something I should look for? Hope someone has an answer.
Thanks

Hi,

Please differentiate between the system and appliaction dumps.
Application dumps are relatively small files created by a certain application crash,that are analized as following,by cut&paste of the following into any shell:

===================
ksh
DATE1=`errpt -a -j C60BB505 | grep Date | awk '{ print $5 }' | cut -d: -f 1,2 |head -1`
for SEQUENCE in `errpt -a -j C60BB505|grep Sequence|cut -d: -f2`
do
DATE2=`errpt -a -j C60BB505 -l $SEQUENCE | grep Date | awk '{ print $5 }' | cut -d: -f 1,2`
if [[ $DATE1 != $DATE2 ]] ;then
echo “`errpt -l $SEQUENCE -a | grep Date | awk '{ print $3,$4,$5 }'` \c\t”
errpt -a -j C60BB505 -l $SEQUENCE | awk '/PROGRAM NAME/,/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/' | grep -vE "PROG|ADD"
DATE1=$DATE2
fi
done
exit
===================================================
However,system dumps happen when the kernel carshes,normally computer sticks with 888 on the LCD display.

To analize these please refer to thread :
thread52-435873 also see:

and

"Long live king Moshiach !"
h

I have created a test fiie and copied the code into it. I will test it later, I wanted to check the LCD if that would come up with an error code. I hope it doesn't corrupt any process or add more overheads.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back