Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aironet1130ag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSANE

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
LY
Hi All.

I have problem, I cannot connect AP (WEB BROWSER).
And I cannot use CLI Configration Command.
What shell i do?
I use:
1- aironet 1130ag.
2- WLSE 1030
3- SW 3560
4- WIN XP

Pls Hlp Me.

Hi,

I would use a console cable and try to login to the AP using the CLI. If you don't have access to the console port, I would check your DHCP server and look for the MAC. Once you have the IP, try the WebUI.

Rgds,

John

Have you configured the DHCP scope with the appropriate options to allow the AP to locate the Wireless Controller?

Andy

Hi,
Yes, I have an AP with ip address from DHCP server, but i can not communicate AP from Explorer.
note :
I can ping from my computer to AP and Controller, i have console cable but i can not configure it.

THANKS,

You have to use a terminal emulator like Tera Term or windows Hyperterminal to use the console port , set it up as 9600,8,n,1 . Its possible that someone turned off http access so you can't use a browser . If you set up the terminal emulator correctly you should be able to get into the console port .

Since you stated you are using a Wireless Controller I don't think there is GUI access to the AP when it's running LWAPP. You can telnet to it but what you can do is limited since you are expected to be making use of the controller.

Have you configured either DHCP Option 43 or the equivilent Vendor Class options? If these Option saren't configured and the AP's are not on the same broadcast domain as the Controller then they won't be able to locate it.

Andy

HI
OUR PROBLEM WITH Aironet1130 IS THAT WE CANT GET THE EXECUTION COMMAND THROUGH THE COMMAND LINE IN OTHER WORD (WE CANT GET TO CONF T) ALSO WE CANT CONFIGURE IT THROYGH GUI CAUSE WE CANT ACCESS THE AP THROUGH WEB BROWSER IS IT POSSIBLE THAT COULD BE LOCKED ..?
YOUR RESPONSE IS HIGHLY RECONISED
THX

Is it brand new or did you get it off of Ebay? Is it password protected or was it set to authenticate to a TACACS+/RADIUS server, to allow level 15 access? Have you tried setting fire to it yet? If not, don't...

Burt

I didn't thing a WLSE uses LWAPP

Yes, sorry - the WLSE is the Management(?) thing.

You say you can't get to 'conf t', therefore either:

1. you don't have the passwords
2. someone has configured local authentication and you don't know the username/password
3. someone has configured AAA and you don't know a valid username/password or the AAA server stuff isn't working
4. the AP is running LWAPP code

No access to the WEB interface could just mean the HTTP server is disabled or maybe linked into AAA.

I have two 1131G's here that are configured for AAA and I have access to the CLI & the WEB interface. If you can access the console post the output you are receiving. If you can type 'show version' and get any output please post it.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back