Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AHHHH!! Excel file not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew299

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
GB
Please Help, I have written a macro in excel and saved as normal etc before closing down. Now when I want to open my file I get a white screen in excel and then it closes and I cant do anything. I dont care about the content of the file except for my program. Is there any way I can get the macro out of this file?

It may have hit every branch on its way out of the ugly tree, but hey! It works. (but don't quote me on that)

Are you able to open any other file in Excel? Try running Detect and Repair from the Help menu within one of the Office programs. This will repair any errors in the Office suite. Hopefully it'll fix your problem.

Steven S.
MCSA
A+, Network+, Server+, i-Net+

andrew299,
could also be the code you put in the macro. try opening the file and hitting the 'esc' key to break into the macro.
hth

regards,
longhair

Try holding down the Shift key while you start Excel. That should prevent the macro from executing on startu.

I meant hold down the shift key, while you open the file....

No luck with ny of those. Thank you all for your help, I have rewritten all of my code now but it would still be useful to find out a way of opening a file like this.
Thanks again.
Andrew

It may have hit every branch on its way out of the ugly tree, but hey! It works. (but don't quote me on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back