Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aha-2940w/2940uw driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnicef

MIS
Feb 10, 2003
I have a scsi PCI card that cannot find the drivers in Win2k. I got the drivers from adaptec. It has aha2940w/2940uw on the PCB and a sticker on the back that has aha-2940i/hp on it. I can't find anything for aha-2940i/hp on the adaptec site. Does anybody have any suggestions? P.S. I pulled this scsi card from a working computer with the same os.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Check the Adaptec site for the actual controller chip on your SCSI card. Your's maybe the AIC-7880 from what I can remember about the 2940x. Look on the big black chip and look for AIC-78xx, where the xx is the rest of the model number. Adaptec offers drivers for their cards not just by the AHA name, but also by the AIC chipset number.

Good luck.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back