Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AGP Textures not available in DxDiag

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJ76

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
ES
Hello. First of all sorry to start a new thread, but the search engine does not seem to be working.
My problem is that I have the AGP Textures Accelaration option unavailable in DXDiag. I had it available with my old motherboard QDI Brillian with the same video Card, an ATI RADEON 9000. But now with my new MB Aopen AX45-533 it is not available. I have the AGP Driver installed and the latest drivers of the Radeon.
My system:

P4 2GHZ in an AOPEN AX45-533
256 MB DDR 333 RAM
2 HD Seagate 60 GB 7200RPM
PowerColor Radeon 9000 Evil Commando
SB Live 5.1 Player
Windows 98 SE
DirectX 8.1

Please tell me if you know something to solve this problem, because if some game has to use more than 64 MB for textures it will run out of memory, because the video card will not be able to use system memory for the textures.

Best regards and thank you in advance.

To find your thread, don't use the search engine. Click on "My Threads" at the top left menu. You didn't need to start a new thread. Jim

Please come back and let us know if your
problem is fixed and what fixed it!! [thumbsup2]

Sorry, I meant that I was not able to search for any other thread that may exist about my problem, so I make another one.

Thank you anyway.

My fault! I misunderstood. As for your problem, make sure you have the latest motherboard drivers and the latest bios. Also, make sure you have the latest DirectX installed. Jim

I have installed the latest version of drivers of everything, AGP port, MB bios, ati drivers and directX 9 and it still does not work, I am starting to think that it is not possible to solve this problem.

Maybe something about AGP voltage setting in the bios setup or something like this?.

Best regards

I had that problem once with a different brand video card and it was a bad card. I'm out of ideas.. Jim

Ok, thanks anyway. Does anybody else have any idea about this?, I guess this has to be happenning to someone else besides me, isn´t it?.

Best regards.

DrJ76: The driver for your card is " powered by ati" and available here:

Go to Powered by ATI, the click on partner list. Scroll down to CP Technology Co.,Ltd - move mouse to the right and click on powercolor weblink. On new page find POWERCOLOR heading(low left) and click on English html Page.Then click on Download Driver at top of page. This will take you to the driver page, scroll down and find your EXACT card and download driver and control panel.

COMPLETELY uninstall all drivers, software and references to ATI before reinstalling NEW drivers. If this link doesn't provide you with a driver that enables the AGP option, I suggest you go here and download a certified ATI driver:These are "Built by ATI" so therefore certified.

You May want to use these drivers if the PowerColor ones don't work:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back