Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AGP slot damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I accidently short circuit on my shuttle ak31 v 3.0 mb, now the AGP slot is not working, I tried two different AGP video cards, ATI AIW 32 MB RAM, & 8 MB ATI Rage Pro, both of them are working fine on different machine, but not on the Shuttle AK31 v 3.0, I tried 1 MB PCI slot Cirrus logic video card on the Shuttle MB and it's working just fine.

My question is: Is there a posibility that only the AGP slot got damage, while all PCI slots are working as normal? Right now my PC is working finel, except the AGP slot not working.

Any suggestions is a big help.

Thanks

350W codegen psu
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Globalwin wbk38
Shuttle Ak31A rev. 3.1
512mb crucial pc-2100
ATI All in Wonder 32 MB RAM
40gb IBM 6oGXP
20GB Maxtor 700 rpm
Pioneer 16x40 DVD
Aopen 12x10x40 CDRW
Realtek 10/100 Nic
Lucent Winmodem

Yes it is totaly possible that your agp slot was the only thing that got fried. Just like and electrical storm might only short out a modem or nic card.

I would recomend talking to the company you bought the board from, explain what happened and see if you can get it repaired or replaced (posibly for a minor fee but NEVER full price)

MercuriusX

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try to talk to the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back