Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aging report 30,60,90, 1Yr and each year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowworm27

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
All I need to display a group of records for the week. This group of records will be all records that are either 30, 60, 90 or 1yr old and each yr after. Because this is a weekly report I will be displaying records 30-37 days old, 60-67 days, 90-97 days and 365 to 372 days old and every year after that.

Here is the issue.

How can I write a query to give me records that are 1yr, 2yr, 3 yr, and each year after into this report.

I can manually code this for 10 years, but going forward I will need to alter this code every year and add an addition where clause.

Here is the query so far....

SELECT *
FROM [WAMAIN]
where DISPCODE = 'ACTW'
And ((ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-37, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-30, getdate())) -- 30 days
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-67, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-60, getdate())) -- 60 days
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-97, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-90, getdate())) -- 90 days
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-372, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-365, getdate())) -- 1 yr
-- need to figure out older yearly stuff in some sort of calculated way and eliminate this hand-coded filtering
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-737, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-730, getdate())) -- 2 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-1102, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-1095, getdate())) -- 3 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-1467, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-1460, getdate())) -- 4 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-1932, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-1825, getdate())) -- 5 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-2197, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-2190, getdate())) -- 6 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-2562, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-2555, getdate())) -- 7 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-2927, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-2920, getdate())) -- 8 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-3292, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-3285, getdate())) -- 9 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-3657, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-3650, getdate())) -- 10 yr
OR (ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,-4022, getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,-4015, getdate())) -- 11 yr
)
Order by ADDTIME

George Oakes
CEO & President
COPS Software, Inc.

Programmer & Developer
.Net, WSS 3.0, SQL DBA
Check out this awsome .Net Resource!

Not sure how you are accounting for leap years

but for yor date i would create a tabel

ageingDatesAdd

StartDate int
Enddate int

Startdate enddate
-37 -30
-67 -60
-97 -90
-372 -362
-737 -730
-4022 -4015

SELECT *
FROM [WAMAIN]
inner join ageingDatesAdd
on ADDTIME between DATEADD(dd,Startdate , getdate()) and DATEADD(dd,enddate, getdate())
And DISPCODE = 'ACTW'
Order by ADDTIME

now all you have to do is add more years to the table

I had thought of a table, but was hoping for a more Programatic way of doing this.

As for leap years, the DATEADD function does take that into account.

George Oakes
CEO & President
COPS Software, Inc.

Programmer & Developer
.Net, WSS 3.0, SQL DBA
Check out this awsome .Net Resource!

For your criteria to find 1+ years old records, you could compare getdate() to a calculated date using the month/day from ADDTIME and using the year from "Year(getdate())-1". That will get you any number of prior years with one check. In your Select you can use a Case statement to generate the 30/60/90 days groups with an Else clause to get the 1+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back