Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

agents with 2 skills 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxkiller

MIS
Feb 4, 2003
US
If I set up an agent with 2 skills and route calls from a vector to one skill or the other, based on caller selection, how can I show on the agent's caller id which skill the call is for? They need to answer with verbiage based on which skill was selected. Or is there another way to do this? Right now they just see "calling party TO vdn name".

Set up VOA (VDN of Orgination Announcement). Also known as a "whisper announcement". It's a quick announcement that plays in the agent's ear before the caller is presented to the agent. We use it for our bi-lingual agents, so they know to answer the call in Spanish.
Code:
                            VECTOR DIRECTORY NUMBER

Extension: 2981
                                 Name*: Member Service SPANISH
                         Vector Number: 52
                   Attendant Vectoring? n
                  Meet-me Conferencing? n
                    Allow VDN Override? y
                                   COR: 52
                                   TN*: 1
                              Measured: both
        Acceptable Service Level (sec): 30

[b]VDN of Origin Annc. Extension*: 6701[/b]
                            1st Skill*: 14
                            2nd Skill*:
                            3rd Skill*:

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Based on their selection, you should then route the call to a different VDN for each skill, and then name those VDN whatever you want. Just make sure that VDN override is set to yes on the first vdn the callers get to, otherwise it will continue to show that vdn name on the caller id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back