Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

agent to multiple acds 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellyteck1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
CA
Hi All

I am working on an option 11 that uses call pilot and acds without a symposium. I have been asked to set up a new acd exactly the same as another with a different voicemenu system. I made the acd but when I look at the one I am to copy from I see that there are numerous agents and supervisors. I dont understand, if the number of the acd queue is to be on key 0 for example how do I assign a new acd to the agents and supervisors when key 0 is taken for the first acd queue? I am used to using the symposium but now have to look after another site that doesnt have one. I am at a bit of a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. AJK

i don't think you can put a second in calls key on a set, but i would try

key 0 acd 1223 0 2345
key 1 acd 1224 0 2346

that would require a second login, and i don't know if it would talk, but i would test that setup.. and i do hope you know not to copy an acd set.. and your right a symposium makes that a simple task

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi, I will give it a try, perhaps a work around though is have the acd forward to the other acd. Of course their desire of having the same menu with a different recording wont work but at least they would have all the same options and the new number would route to the agents. What do you think John?

The big question is whether agents can answer more than one acd queue. I guess if I cant map their phone to the second queue then that settles that! Thank you for your help. AJK

might build her a new acd group and ovdn to her with a short timer.. she could answer overflow for both sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John, thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I am not sure how to approach that.

The problem is even if I got two acd groups on one phone the NCFW only points to one menu.

What they want to do is have two acds answerable by the same agent and then if the agent/s is/are not available the calls route to a unique menu for each acd.

I am curious as to whether your suggestion can do that.

In any event, are you saying perhaps to off of the original acd put in the new acd off of the ovdn? If so, would the agents be able to see what line was originally called? If so, we could probably work with that as a solution.

Thank you for help. AJK

You cannot put two ACD (In Calls) keys on one phone. There is a really good reason for that, if you think of a Call Center, a person has waited to speak to an agent, and when the agent finally answers, they should give that caller their undivided attention, or at least the caller thinks so.

The answer prior to Symposium was called Multiple Queue Assignment or MQA and it required Meridian Max (which is end of life since 2000). The answer now is Symposium.

that would seem to defeat the call flow.. in your acd group, there is a ovdn (overflow dn) that lets you point a timer to another group.. then calls older then x will follow that,, for a menu service, i use ncfw for menu's behind the acd group.. but you need symposium at that site. i'll look back at my acd notes where i just outed all my groups when we went to symposium... that is one nice server

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

that may be the inner-flow dn, one can only be an acd dn, the other a dn... books and switch get to stay at work..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OVDN (overflow DN) must be another ACD Queue and the call will only go to that DN if there is an agent logged into that queue and they are ready to take a call; if not, the call will remain queued in the first queue.

IFDN (interflow DN) is either on or off and is done when a ceiling is met (number of calls queued) or the supervisor can have an interflow button on their phone to turn interflow on. The call can go to any DN, but when the call leaves the ACD environment, it is out of there. ACD no longer has control over the call.

tellytech1: More details are needed. When does the differenct voice menu play? After hours or are calls fronted by the menu. Is different music on hold and call waiting messages required? A different greeting to be spoken by the acd agent?

All of these things can be achieved without Symposium and without having agents log into a second que.

Hi All, thank you for all your help and I am sorry I took so long to reply. I do appreciate your help.

I really like John's idea, put the vip agents in the new group and have the first (sales )acd group overflow to them only if busy and then we can have vip customers reach them directly and at the same time have overflow reach the vip agents.

The message is just a menu on call pilot. Unfortunately I am used to working with meridian mail and symposium. I dont know how to put in a menu with Call Pilot. I do know how to get the ACDs together and point to the menu just dont know how set up the menu or view other menus which would help orientate me. There is one that mimics the new only almost so if I could view that it would help me immensely. Thank you all for your help.

AJK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back