Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Timeouts after MS Patch Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtoledo

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
After we applied the new Microsoft Security patches (from April 2004), all of our remote backup jobs keep timing out after running for a few minutes. Has anyone else seen this?

If the job backs up for serveral minutes and times out, could it be a security problem?

While the job is running we receive a few "E3392: Backup server TCP reconnection timeout then it will reestablish the connection and continue, eventully it will fail.

Running for a few minutes is kind of vauge, if you mean that it is actually backing up files for a few minutes then forget about the security update. If it always backs up files for a few minutes then look to the data. If it is at different points then ck for network problems, try it with or without the agent.

Thanks for the input. After seveal days of hassle we got our network team to replace a bad switch card on network. the problem has seemed to go away.

The job basically started to backup rather fast 300-500 mb/min, then slow down to under 100 after about 15-20 and get a couple of timeout errors before completely failing.

Same here, I happen to have the same problem and it happens for every single server I'm backing up (except for the local server of course). The server is brand new (DELL PE1650) and OpenManage doesn't give me any errors on the network cards. I'm using Broadcom Advanced Control Suite to create a Teaming with GB speed and halp-duplex...etc..) I wonder if that causes the problem.
The problem started after applied the MS patches too... so... do you have any suggestions for me? thanks.

Upgrading BrightStor to version 9.01 / Build 2020 fixed this issue for us.

We have the same issue with Arcserve 11. It does not happen all the time. I don't think it's a hardware issue since others have had it as well. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back