Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Telephone Ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMurdach

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2003
US
I administer an S8700 with EAS using 6408D+ consoles. When agents are logged in, is there a way to have their telephones ring normally [via agent ID] while they are in AUX mode? Many agents perform other tasks and do not always stay AVAILABLE in their queue, but still need to be able to answer their phones if they ring.

Their telephone rings about 3/4 of a ring, then the call is no longer answerable by the agent. The calling party still hears the ringing, and after 4 rings they follow the normal coverage path.

I have tried all the different combinations of AUTO-ANSWER on the station and the agent ID.

In the agent ID form set Auto Answer to "none". This will have it ring out loud. On an inbound ACD call it will also ring loud.

Setting AUTO-ANSWER to NONE on the AGENT form does not change the ring behavior. Changing it to ALL doesn't either. It still does a 3/4 ring, then gone. Caller still hears the normal 4 rings.

I was able to get it to work logging into a 6424D+M and while in the Aux mode. It rang continuously till I picked it up.

Yes. I dialed it from another phone. The agent ID was set to "none" on auto-answer and in the aux mode. It rang out loud continuously.

Must be something else. Possible COR or station parameters. Thanks for the help. If anything else jumps out at you let me know.

We have this working here, sounds like a similar situation..... Agent is in Aux but still needs to receive calls..... Auto Answer on the agent ID is set to Station.

Do you use Direct Agent? If so when the agent is in Aux the call won't come through?

I have tried using a direct-agent skill.

AGENT LOGINID Page 1

Login ID: 17499 AAS? n
Name: Tommer AUDIX? n
TN: 1 LWC Reception: none
COR: 57 LWC Log External Calls? n
Coverage Path: 20 AUDIX Name for Messaging:
Security Code: LoginID for ISDN Display? y
Password:
Password (enter again):
Auto Answer: all

Here is the trace on the originating station:

14:11:45 dial 17499
14:11:45 ring hunt-group 650 cid 0x2a42
14:12:05 no answer hunt-group 650 cid 0x2a42
14:12:09 coverage-path 20 point 1 cid 0x2a42
14:12:13 active station 10092 cid 0x2a42
14:12:15 idle station 2222 cid 0x2a42

===================
===================

Like I mentioned earlier... on the agent telephone - it does about a 3/4 ring, then nothing. But from the calling telephone you still hear 4 rings until coverage.

have you looked at ring properties on the station?
is Active Station Ringing set to single?

Tried:
CONTINUOUS & IF BUSY SINGLE

The only way it will ring is if the agent goes into AUTO-IN or MANUAL-IN with auto-answer set to NONE. If the agent is in AUX it will do the 3/4 ring [which by the way CANNOT be answered] and then roll to coverage after 4 rings.

The agent can answer the call if the agent puts themselves in "manual in" while the aux button is flashing. They will only get the call for them, not the next call in cue.
Is there a option for ringing of just "continuous" without the "if active single"?

Oh yeah. To be more specific the ring settings I tried are:

CONTINUOUS - same result
IF BUSY SINGLE - same result

I think that Avaya designed it that way so if a agent is on a call, then it will only ring once and not interfer with their current call. I don't think there is way to tell the pbx that u want a different ringing if they are not on a call.
This makes it so the agent can even take another agent seeking call if they are currently on a agent call.

Hi,

You can do this by setting up a skill, and setting up the cor that the skill is to have direct agent calling disabled.

Then, if you set the agents direct agent skill to the new skill you set up, the phone will ring even if the agent is on aux.

It gives a short bust at the moment to let the agent know there is a call in the que. The method i described removes a que for the direct agent, and makes direct calls go strait to them.

The problem with this is if they are already on an acd call it will follow their coverage options, i.e. ring on the second line or divert ect, not wait till they haave finished the call.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks

nixter80 - that did it. All I did was change the COR setting [agent level COR] for Direct Agent Calling to NO. I didn't get around to changing the setting for the hunt group/skill.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back