Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent shows Idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watertown

Technical User
Sep 29, 2004
US
I had a situation today where an agent showed idle but the skillset displayed several calls waiting in queue. All programming was checked and when I walked passed the agent he realized we were on to him and all of a sudden he started receiving calls..
I've tried to duplicate this condition and can't figure it out.. Any ideas?

May be simplest to go and ask him how he does it, thank him very much and tell him not to do it again. Would just pressing a digit on the number pad do it? Or perhaps short pressing of the DN key, would that trigger a break timer?

I have the same problem - calls in queue - idle agents - call not presented to agent - I'd like to know if it's the agent causing this or do we really have a system or programming problem. Thanks.

I have a feeling the agent is doing something. We're running CCMS 6.0 and are up to date on all patches

is there not a delay between the real time display and the "REAL" actual time ? I mean isn't the RTD delayed anyway by a few seconds?

The agent should not be able to "do" anything. If he is idle then that means he in available to take a call.

However, to be sure check under Configuration>Global Settings that call preference is set to longest idle since last cdn/acd call. Agents can do many things to affect their state and they don't always show up on the display (which is a snapshot).

Do you have any skillset assignments in the system? In my experience, another cause can be a mixup between supervisors running skillset assignments (or manually changing skillset assignments) on the fly and not communicating properly.

The real time delay is a few seconds behind reality, typically about 7 seconds. Is this agent forced calls or manual answer? If forced, is the break timer too long? If manual, is the agent rejecting the calls?

Sounds like the agent is using the quick hit Not Ready function, returning calls to queue by waiting for a call to be presented, then quickly hitting NR twice.

Only way to catch people doing this is call by call reports or physically witnessing.

You could be right pronei. The agent login/out report will show if the agent is hitting the not ready button often.

Thanks for all your responses..

I have checked the global setting and we are set for "longest total timee since last acd/acd call"

We have call forcing enabled and ran reports and agent is not returning calls to queue..

I will follow-up with sups regarding assignments.

I would take any extra keys off of this agents phone to see if I could figure it out.

I had a site one time that took all of the agent's autodial and any other key that was not used by acd. The customer was sure that the agents were sitting there hitting the autodial keys to not have calls presented.

I have never tried it.

Reporting is the way forward; the Agent performance report will show if the call has been returned to queue from time out or otherwise.
If you look at the last two columns, the last will be Return to queue from timeout i.e. call has rang out on agent phone, & has returned to queue as it was unanswered. The second last column should tell you all the other calls returned to queue for other reasons, e.g. agent going on not ready, agent going on DN call, etc...

If he is doing the "Not Ready" trick i.e. hitting "Not Ready" really quickly & then immediately going back into a ready state, this will reset his idle call time back to zero so he will no longer be the longest idle agent & will not receive the next call.
As far as I know, if he is doing this, his status will not show as Not Ready in the Agent login/logout report unless he is Not Ready for a time period longer than the few miliseconds it takes him to hit that key twice ~ so the only way of seeing the bounced calls is by checking the second last column in the agent performance report & see if he has any of these calls returned to queue.

Return Calls
From
To Time
Que Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back