Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent queue priority 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dose

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
FR
Hi All,

I would like to know if is it possible and I think yes to prioritize for an agent with multiple skill one of the skill. i:e:

Agent 8892:

SKill 1 SL 10 and Skill 11 SL 1 (skill-level)

The both hunt are in: EAD-MIA

So I don't want manage the level of priority of this agent in both skill (backup or normal agent) but just to say always prioritize the call which are coming from skill 11 and if you receive nothing from skill 11 handle calls from skill 1.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Best Regards/

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Yes if both skills are set to EAD-MIA, and the agent is set to Skill level, then having the skills set up the way you indicate will always give preference to skill 11 when there are calls on hold for both skills.

The only exception to the rule would be if the calls queue at different priority. If a call queued to skill 1 pri hi and another queued to skill 11 pri med, then the skill 1 call gets preference. To avoid this, queue all calls at the same priority.

I'm agree with your method and indeed that works in certain case but not in my case because:

All my call arrives in Skill 1. (National request)
Then sometimes they are transferred to skill 11 (international request)

The agent in skill 11 as also the skill 1 bu in Skill Level 16 to help the agent of the skill 1 to handle the calls in case of peak hours (it will be a backup agent for skill 1)

In case of peak hours the agent with the multiple skill 11 and 1 will be busy by the calls of the skill 1 and could with lot of difficulty handle the few calls sent from skill 1 to skill 11 (transfer done by the agent of the skill 1 to agent of the skill 11 for international request)

I just want to in all case for the agent of the multiple skill handle in priority the calls of skill 11 also if there is lot of waiting calls in skill 1.

So the case of priority top will not works in my case because this method is used to separate two different calls which arrives in the same skill; but for my case the calls arrives in separate skills.

Probably that I need to use for the agent with multiple skill the Direct Agent skill field with value 11 and then use the skill 1 with skill level 16.

Let me know about that?

Thanks much for your help

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

You are correct and the two skills are competing against each other, so the skill level has no effect. The skill level is only between all the agents with the same skill. E.G. if you have 10 agents with skill 20 and 9 of those agents have the level set at 5 for instance and the other agent has the level set at 2, then the agent with level 2 will always be priority. This skill would still be competing with another skill and the call that had been waiting the longest regardless of what the skill levels are would get offered to the agent. The only way to make your skill get priority is to queue it on the vector at a higher priority and then it will get answered first even if a call from another skill has been waiting longer.

The only other way is to have a single skill, e.g. skill 1 and have the two services both queue to this single skill. Each service could then be queued to the skill at different priorities.

Hi Thanks for your answer.

So to conclude in my "special case" I need to use the Direct Agent Skill to prioritize the call which are coming in queue 11?

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

dose,

which system version you're running?

Hi,

I'm using ACM 3.1.2.

Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

dose,

in this case i would recommend you to take a look at service level maximizer feature. if i got your setup right, the question is not really prioritizing agent skills but rather having international skill calls answered even if national skill is congested. by converting both 1st and 11th skills to slm and turning on agent reservation for 11th skill you'll have desired results: provided that enough agents assigned to skill 11, system will balance calls between skills 1 and 11 to achieve its designated service level goals and if 11th skill SL drops below some threshold system will reserve some agents to serve 11th skill.
nice feature, that. it is described in more detail in call vectoring and eas guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back