Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Performance Long Term Weekly report

Status
Not open for further replies.

p26974

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
I have a time problem which relates to the exporting of data from the Long Term Weekly Report (v7).

The 'Total Sign In Time' displays in HH:MM:SS within the crystal report. When the data is exported to Excel, and seems to look correct.

Excel, however, can't cope with the value unless you enter the cell, and carriage return out of the cell. It then tags the cell with DATE AND Time (01/01/1900 12:01:32) and Excel subsequently recognises the format, allowing you to handle calculations with the figures.

Of course, manually entering and carriage returning out of 300 cells is a complete pain in the @rse. It may have something to do with the way in which Aspect reports/configures hours, minutes and seconds. Any ideas??

not sure about directly from the report but you could create a macro add a column and times that cell by 1.

ID DATE DATECALC
1 10/01/07 =B2x1
2 11/01/07 =B3x1

hope this makes sense

i usually export to excell using the data only format. that seems to do the trick for me. But, you might want to try to convert that hh:mm:ss to a string?

Excel sees the exported data as text, you can get around this by using the VALUE function: =VALUE(A1) would turn time into values you can use in calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back