Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent login to Multiple Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbuckeye

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hi,

I have request to allow agents to login to multiple splits.
I am able to add agents to two hunt groups, but when i request them to login to both, it only allows them to login to either of them, not both.

One this at the location they donot use the "Agent-IDs" to login, they use extensions. Is that something to do with.

Advance Thanks for help.

On the agent form you see a SN and a SL field. The SN is skill number and the SL is the Skill level. You can have one agent on SN 1 and 2. This would put the agent into both Skills. You then use the skill level to send calls to agents based on the Level you give them. SL 1 will receive a call before SL 2 ETC.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi,

Thanks for reply.
The system config is

Definity Prologix: R009i.05.1.122.4
Call Center Release: 9.1
ACD, BCMS, Vectoring(Basic,prompting) - Y(Yes)

I just use an extension/station as an agent. I donot see any SN or SL fields on the station form.

Again, thanks for reply.

The agent's should be able to log into more than one by dialing the FAC (feature access code) for Login and then the split number. For example, if my login FAC was 101 and I wanted to log into split 1 and split 5 I would do the following:

Get Dial-tone
Dial: 10101
Hang up

Get dial-tone
Dial: 10105

Of course, the stations will need "auto-in" "aux-work" and "after-call" (if you use ACW) buttons for each group. If they log into 2 groups, they'll need two sets.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The User does login using the FAC for the existing split.
They login to Split '2' and them try to use the same FAC and '05' of Split '5', but it gives them a error tone(Fast busy tone).

Please help.

The SN and SL are on the agent form. Type ch agent then agent id. There you will see the SN and SL.

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Is their extension part a member of the hunt group?

Hi,

There is no Agent Login Ids. I use them as extensions within a hunt group. Calls are routed to the hunt group based on the call.

For example:

There are four splits and one master split.
All the agents/extensions in the four splits are part of the master split.

If there is a call from a customer and it is routed to Split "1", and all agents are busy, the call has to be routed to the master/common spilt.

To achieve this, i want all agents to login to their specific split and also log into the master split, so that they call take overflowing calls of other splits too.

hope this gives clear picture on what i am trying to achieve here.

Once again thanks for the help.

Boy am I confused. As I understand it the user calls a hunt group number. All "agents" extension numbers are in the Hunt group. The calls is given to the first extension that is not busy. The last point in the hunt is another hunt group. If this is correct then there are no Vectors involved. If all the above is correct this will need to be re-written as a vector. You will have to write two vectors and all that jazz.

Cheers
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Please check your splits on multiple call handling.
It's impossible to log in two splits if one of them has multiple call handling field with value other than "none".

Can your agent log into split '5' if she is not logged in split '1'?

Hi,

As i had mentioned earlier the PBX does not have the "add agent xxxx" working.

The hunt groups 5 and 1 both have

"Multiple Call Handling:"= 'on-request'.

ACD Login Access Code: #80
ACD Log Off Access Code: #80

The Login Sequence for the Agent is:

2. Auto-In Access Code.

After this when they try to login into split '5' by dialing
#8005, they get a fast busy. So asked them login into "split 5" and then to do "Auto-In" for split '01'. Still it did not work.

Please help.

Dear all,

I believe mrbuckeye here do not have EAS but only basic call centre package. I believe he is login the station in to hunt and not agent-login.

that y he couldnt login to 2 split for the same station.
wat i believe his switch could do is to play ard with his vectoring.
which means after the the 1st split is goes in queue, he can program the vector to queue the calls to other remaining 3 split by checking on the call-queue length in those split.

however the problem with the above set up is there is no load sharing between all split but only overflowing. example

if SP1 is in Queue > SP 2
if SP2 is also in Queue > SP 3
if SP3 is also in Queue > SP 4
if SP4 is also in Queue > back to SP 1

If someone has better solution... please enlighten me as well...

Else can play with CTI and play with virtual login. which means agent would login to which ever split as and when there is a call queue in which ever split. (Virtual EAS)

I know no voice, i know not systems,
i know not networking, for I know nothing!
------------------------------------
Error Message:System Fatal Failure, Please check the connection between the chair and the Keyboard/mouse.
©2003 SCHT.

The hunt groups 5 and 1 both have
"Multiple Call Handling:"= 'on-request'.

It's the reason for login failures.
You (agent) can't log in two splits if any slit has Multiple call handling other than 'none'.
Set multiple call handling for both splits to none and your agent will be able to log into both splits simulaneously. There is no other way for CC Delux as far as I know.

ACD Login Access Code: #80
ACD Log Off Access Code: #80
Are you sure? Same code for two different functions???
Anyway it's not the point of interest here...

Im on Simonchtan's side - I dont think he has EAS since they arent using agent login ID's.

You wont be able to login to multiple groups - you will have to setup your splits seperately, and have the vector queue to multiple splits at the same time, or with priorities.

We used that for years queueing to 4 splits within the same vector, and pushed it to the max, so i got pretty good at programming vectors for this. We finally made the switch to EAS and that nightmare is a thing of the past. Your agents would login to the groups they were supposed to be taking calls from, and depending on the programming...
group 1 agents could only accept group 1 calls (as entered by the collect digits step) but group 2 adjusters were more experienced, and could take group 1 calls and group 2 calls.

This way - everybody was staying busy. The group 1 calls were higher volume, but shorter talk-time and the group 2 calls were lower volume, but higher talk-time. It worked great - we just simply ran out of room when they wanted to add more and more groups, and had to switch to EAS.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Hi,

Thanks for all the help. I was also refering other sources and as Warper mentioned the "None" on the Mutilple Call Handling did the trick. It was on "on-request", i changed it to "none", and it worked.

I believe this is only possible for Elite Call center (Skill based) package and not on Basic Call Center package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back