Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent key disappearing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelSlave

Programmer
Oct 16, 2007
US
We recently upgraded from 81C to cs1000M. After the upgrade. The agent keys on the supervisor's phones keep disappearing(times and times after being reprogrammed). We first thought it's corruption, so Nortel did all sorts of patches, and reload, etc, still couldn't fix the problem. Then our CCM vendor found out they forgot to program those agents in the CCM(go figure). Finally the agent keys appeared and stayed on the supervisor's phones. However the scary part is, even without being programmed in the switch.
So now the supervisor can see those keys on the phone, but we can't see them in the switch. Is it normal. Has anybody have similar experience?

You should be able to see the programming when the agent is logged in, and it should go away when the agent logs out (with CCM).

You mean, when the agent is logged in, I print out the TNB of the supervisor's phone, I will see that agent's key. Otherwise I won't see it. But the supervisor will see the agent key on his/her phone all the time whether the agent is logged in or not?

Sorry, I missed seeing your reply. It depends on the type of phone. The older 2000 series phones (like the 2616) had paper labels under key caps, so the agent key was always labeled. But the 3xxx series (3905, 3904, etc.) is self labeling. In that case, it would appear that the agent key disappears. But depending on the firmware update of the phone and whether there has been any status change (incoming call answered, other key pressed), the key labeling might be slow to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back