Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent ID = DID??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmagen

Technical User
May 24, 2010
US
I need to conduct a poll of Avaya users and administrators. We were told by Avaya Call Center Consultants to use a DID extension for the Agent IDs, and a non-DID extension for the telephones. Is this standard procedure? Does everyone do it this way? My problem is that we have only recently converted to EAS, so everyone in the call center still thinks that their Agent ID is their extension, so we have delays in addressing issues that pertain to the physical telephone, (i.e., abbreviated dials). If the agent isn't logged in, we don't know what station to modify. Oh, yes, and they MOVE ALL THE TIME, so we can't keep a list accurate more than a day or two. Just wondering what everyone else does in their Call Center. Thanks for any advice, Mike.

That was it! Clearing that parameter fixed the problem. THANKS!! How did you know that's what it was?

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

The moment u told me you have diferent length of extension I knew this is your problem. :)

The reason behind is because putting exact digits will only allow you to receive MWI on that specific length. Removing it allows you to perform wild card sending of MWI, meaning it will allow you to send MWI on all extensions/agent login IDs no matter how long is your digits.

Many thanks, Uzumaki. We've been struggling with this since we converted to EAS with the 5 digit phone extension and 4 digit Agent ID. This will certainly improve our productivity not having to constantly remember to update the Message Lamp field on the phones. Have a good evening.

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back